Mar 6, 2014
Recorded live March 4, 2014
- Rumpus FTP server
- Device Enrollment Program; there goes 15 minutes billable/device… leaving more time for client face-time?
- remote support and workflows for being away from the office, either at a conference or on holiday
- Wi-Fi quality in hotels when traveling
- timing vacations as extended weekends instead of full weeks to minimize downtime
- teaming up with local consultants for backup coverage; filtering incoming requests in your absence
- away messages and advance notice for clients; why shake the hornet's nest?
- SendLater plugin
- going off the grid for a day... or nine… I took nine.
- subcontractor rates; professional courtesies
- representing the contracting company, or generically Apple, or explaining the coverage arrangement between the consultants to the client
- sharing secure notes with trusted partner consultants; e.g. MonkeyBox.com
- monitoring client machines with Watchman Monitoring
- the importance of comprehensive documentation
- re: episode 039: when enabling (Legacy) FileVault on 10.6 and prior, there's an option to "use secure erase" when deleting the old home folder after it's been migrated to the encrypted disk image