Oct 21, 2014
Recorded live on October 14, 2014
Many thanks to our sponsor this week, Watchman Monitoring. We're all big fans and very happy users of Watchman Monitoring. Sign up for your free trial: watchmanmonitoring.com/cmdctrlpwr and tweet @cmdctrlpwr #CCPsentme to support the show!
- thanks again to Thomas Reed of AdwareMedic for last week's interview!
- listener questions; @myklreinhart: "I'd love to hear your annoyances about 6+ before I go buy one. For example, one handed typing— is it as tough as made out?"
- Jerry reports on his everyday use of iPhone 6 Plus; points out one-handed keyboard for iOS 8
- the future of input methods: qwerty keyboards vs. whispering into cupped hands; or T9 predictive texting vs. QuickType; or how about purely predictive (Google Now)?
- death of Macworld/iWorld Conference & Expo; Jerry's beige PowerComputing box; recent end of Macworld print magazine
- Dropbox "breach" prompts another security discussion; reminder: Dropbox offers two factor authentication
- BoxCryptor: folder-level or file-level encryption for your Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, or OneDrive
- cursory "private cloud" discussion of options including Synology CloudStation, Code42 SharePlan, Kerio SamePage, vs. Apple Snow Leopard Mavericks Server
- new Mac mini coming soon? it's been 721 days...
- Jerry gives us FLAC