Nov 20, 2014
Recorded on November 19, 2014
- Jerry bails out Joe onsite, and diagnoses an issue where a specific website wouldn't load or respond to pings from a client location, but loaded fine from elsewhere; turned out to be a block on the client's static IP due to three failed login attempts
- we discuss clients trying to set things up and fix things themselves
Yoseminite Sam: a no-nonsense guy
- do you give clients easy access to their servers, e.g. Screen Sharing?
- Sam lands a client on bowtie alone: "I'm a no-nonsense guy, and you look like a no-nonsense guy too."
- what's your dress code for consulting?
- Joe details troubleshooting serious permissions issues in Yosemite after a prior "consultant" tried to set up shared calendars
- how do you bill for extensive cleanup work like the saga Joe describes?
- Joe notices a pattern to Security Questions answered by a prior consultant