Mar 24, 2015
Recorded on March 17, 2015
This week's show has been brought to you by the fine folks at Backblaze: Online Backup Made Easy. Visit Backblaze.com/ccp to sign up for their Partner Program and ask for your free license of Backblaze. Try Backblaze and see just how great it is!
- Joe thinks Reminders should have the ability to remind me "on a website" (in addition to "on a day" and "at a location"). How great would it be to be reminded when you end up on Amazon or MonoPrice that you need some cable or whatever?
- Jerry's funny wifi story
- Sam's Apple Store saga: cracked screen, poorly seated memory, failed migration; seltzer (goes well with sushi – see also: non-alcoholic beer)
- Joe's client attempted a self-directed email server migration at noon on a Wednesday; see also: Episode 077: Trust No One, Yoseminite Sam in regards to a serious permissions issue caused by a prior consultant
- Sam's client turned off Time Machine, but Backblaze saved the day
- Jerry reminds us of Bender, which saved the day for his client
- Joe's CCC praise: migrating to new SSD in new machine, Carbon Copy Cloner identifies drives across reboots, and across different startup disks
- Sam encounters (and solves – remotely) "unapproved caller: SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software"
- Joe teases an upcoming segment about upgrading a client's van