Mar 1, 2016
Thanks to last week's guest co-hosts, Luis Giraldo and Justin Esgar of ACEs Conference, as well as their special guests, Amy McKnight of the Mac Spa, Lucas Acosta of Foojee, and Allen Hancock of Watchman Monitoring.
- we discuss Amy McKnight's idea on last week's show about planning for your Business Maturity date: the date by which your business matures to the point at which it can run without you; see Amy's talk at ACEs 2016
- just running the operation vs. keeping up to date with certifications and practicing technical skills
- diversifying your business by learning new skills and focusing on new areas of business, perhaps tangential to your Apple consulting practice
- Sam attended a Certified Wireless Network Administrator class, a great example of professional development
- Sam's WiFi tip, a tiny 802.11ac USB adapter for older laptops: Edimax EW-7711MAC AC450 Nano USB Wi-Fi Adapter
- Sam's example of an investigation into his own machine beach balling; solution? Spotlight index