Oct 25, 2016
Recorded October 18, 2016
We're sponsored this week by Watchman Monitoring, a favorite tool of ours that should be in every professional consultant's toolkit.
Visit WatchmanMonitoring.com/cmdctrlpwr and sign up for your free trial to find out how Watchman Monitoring can keep an eye on your client machines and notify you of over 100 issues. Be sure to tweet @cmdctrlpwr #CCPsentme to support the show!
"How can you avoid the catastrophes caused by disk drive failure"
Tim Standing, SoftRAID
- Joe's iCloud Photo Library not updating in Photos app, not loading at iCloud.com: "Cannot Load Library: Photos was unable to load your photos and videos." Photos app open with Option-Command to repair library, required administrator authentication
- FatCat Software, Power Photos https://www.fatcatsoftware.com/powerphotos/
- Future - Apple Backing Up Entire Mac Hard Drive
- Unlimited Secure Storage from Amazon
- Apple Optimizing Your Storage In Sierra
- Joe receives a Watchman Monitoring notice about one of his own Macs: PsiMac Joe mini of PsiMac has reported a change: The computer has begun downloading an OS Upgrade: "10.12 - Sierra". Judy observes "I guess still better than Windows starting Windows 10 update when you click the X on the prompt to do so.."
- Watchman detected Joe's MacBook Pro upgraded to Sierra had not
backed up in 10 (7?) days, needed to update TimeMachineEditor