May 26, 2015
We're sponsored this week by MacTech
Pro Events, designed for the professional
tech or consultant who supports Apple technologies.
If you're a professional tech or consultant supporting Apple technologies, MacTech Pro Events are designed specifically for you, the Apple tech. As a CMD-CNTL-PWR listener, you get a special deal — $200 off PLUS a full year of MacTech Magazine in both print and iPad (over $100 when purchased on the newsstand). Go to http://pro.mactech.com/go/ccp/ for your discount.
- Discussion about dealing with large corporate clients
including hardware installations, collaboration with internal IT
Departments, bureaucracy, and getting paid.
- Jerry discusses recent Yosemite upgrade challenges with Mac Mini's that had previously been in RAID 1 configurations. Cites an article surrounding upgrade issues as detailed in AFP548 article: When Yosemite has Fallen, and it Can’t Get Up
- Jerry references the service OnlyMyEmail for providing MX Records for Yosemite Server running Apple Mail. Service offers in addition to SPAM filtering, email spooling to collect mail when the Server is unavailable.:
- Joe discusses DYN DNS Backup MX, the feasibility of an email forwarding service when a clients email server goes down. Joe also uses Gmail service as a backup for his company domain e-mail using forwarding.
- Joe and Jerry discuss the benefits and personal experience of using Kerio Connect enterprise class email, built for business.: https://www.kerio.com/products/kerio-connect