Nov 17, 2015
Recorded on November 10, 2015
We're sponsored this week by Watchman
Monitoring, a favorite tool of ours that should be in
every professional consultant's toolkit.
Visit WatchmanMonitoring.com/cmdctrlpwr and sign up for your free trial to find out how Watchman Monitoring can keep an eye on your client machines and notify you of over 100 issues. Be sure to tweet @cmdctrlpwr #CCPsentme to support the show!
- Joe returns from a vacation in Arizona and has a harrowing experience on the return flight. Read all about it here: “Passenger then said he was going to knock the beard off my face.”
- Joe's wife Ashley loses her iPhone after they go dining and use "Find My iPhone"
- Joe talks personal hotspots as a work around for not downloading movies over cellular.
- Jerry talks new Apple TV and PLEX Media running off of
Synology NAS devices. Jerry's Synology devices are:
1) Synology America DiskStation 4-Bay Network Attached Storage (DS415+)
2) Synology DiskStation 2-Bay (Diskless) Network Attached Storage DS713+
Amazon Raises a Walled Garden by Booting Apple TV,
Google Chromecast - http://recode.net/2015/10/01/amazon-raises-a-walled-garden-by-booting-apple-tv-google-chromecast/
FireCore & aTV Flash - http://firecore.com/atvflash
- Jerry's Bushel Experience Locking A Clients Computer Out Of State - http://www.bushel.com
- http://www.clarify-it.com - Clarify It For Creating Beautiful Documentation For Your Clients
- Jerry- Jerry's Dad having issues with El Capitan upgrade. Startring with the Safe Boot option allowed the upgrade to advance.
- Joe mentions the vexing .AppleUpgrade File causing
continued problems for a client in his upgrade process.