Jul 31, 2014
Recorded live on July 29, 2014
- one of Joe's clients fell for a popup window claiming virus infection and imploring her to call phony tech support, who proceeded to run harmless utilities (ping test, CPU History, netstat, top) and claiming they were evidence of malware; paid $300 for two years of support from "Mac"; Joe...
Jul 30, 2014
Dave Provine of Premier Mac was kind enough to write in with a great tip, following our discussion of SMB issues with Mavericks Server in Episode 60:
No need to restart that mini; you can just restart the SMB daemon, and since SMB is stateless, it normally won’t affect connected users.
To restart the smbd daemon in...
Jul 24, 2014
Recorded on July 8, 2014, aired on July 22, 2014
Sponsored by Smile. Check out Smilesoftware.com for a great screencast from David Sparks about PDFPen for Mac, and to learn why you should use and recommend Smile's awesome software to your clients.
- MacBook Air torqued
- creative client interpretations of rates...
Jul 21, 2014
Recorded live July 15, 2014
- Interview with Rich Trouton, Lead Help Desk Technician at a leading Medical Institute in Washington D.C.
Jul 11, 2014
Recorded live July 8, 2014
- Jerry's main 13-inch MacBook Air gets depot'd; what to do when
your primary machine goes in for repair?
- OWC offers upgrades for
flash storage modules in MacBook Air 2010-2011 and 2012
- how to restore client data when a machine comes back from Apple with a wiped drive? clone? update...