Sep 10, 2014
Recorded live on September 9, 2014
This week, we're thrilled to be sponsored by Watchman Monitoring. Visit WatchmanMonitoring.com/cmdctrlpwr to find out how Watchman Monitoring can keep an eye on your client machines and notify you of over 100 issues. When you sign up (and we know you will), be sure to tweet @cmdctrlpwr #CCPsentme to let us know and support the show!
- Which Watch?
- iPhone 6 vs. iPhone 6 Plus? compare sizes to iPhone 5
- back pocket vs. front pocket?
- Sam's story of a client unplugging the backup hard drive from the server because they thought it was slowing the system down – should have had Watchman Monitoring installed, which can let you know if a drive is unmounted
- Joe moves his Drobo disk pack from old Drobo Gen 2 into new Drobo Gen 3 and realizes huge speed increase: 123.7 MB/s write & 171.9 MB/s read vs. 27 MB/s write & 24.6 MB/s read; Sam is already using his new Drobo Gen 3 as primary storage on his home server
- Software Update prompts to upgrade the Mac OS on a Server, which kills the Server: we consider this a bug!
- something goes wrong, end user flails, copies and pastes from forums, then finally calls you, the professional
- Bender from Forget Computers automatically backs up server settings