Nov 27, 2014
Recorded live on November 25, 2014
- helping clients with their "Flash Drive Plug-in"
- Joe noticed Contacts app is better about pasting in an address, automatically parsing city, state, and zip
- trouble with DiskMakerX? createinstallmedia works great for Mavericks, Yosemite, etc.
- difficulty cloning copies of Yosemite installer using latest version of CCC? Disk Utility block copy works
- CCC works perfectly to copy all the data from a failing drive with directory corruption; Disk Utility thought there were only 30GB of data on the drive, but there were actually 235GB; CCC got it all; after rebuilding the directory and repeating the clone using CCC, no additional data needed to be copied; great support from Mike Bombich
- Sam recounts flash storage becoming inaccessible on new MacBook Pro
- Sam explains the pitfalls of restoring the Microsoft User Data folder from Time Machine backup
- Jerry discusses a recent client interaction from which we can all learn something
- how to restore Calendar from Time Machine backup
- we discuss strategies for billing for those unexpectedly-long resolutions; Sam recommends communicating at regular intervals