Feb 7, 2015
Recorded live on February 3, 2015
This week's show has been brought to you by the good folks at Blue Mango Learning Systems, makers of Clarify. Visit Clarify-It.com to download a free trial of Clarify, and start creating how-to's and instructional documents today – and help others be great. Use coupon code CCPSENTME for 15% off.
- Joe complains about the Windows 7 installation process, follow up to Jerry's point about Windows last week: 1) select appropriate version of Windows; 2) buy Windows 7 from Amazon; 3) wait for physical delivery; 4) insert Windows disc and run installer 5) enter product key when prompted; 6) update Windows updater & restart 7) install 174 updates.
- Wren Sound having a sale on current lineup; planning
Bluetooth/AirPlay combo units coming soon -
BONUS: CCP Listeners Who Enter The Code
giffin50 at the Wren Sound Store get an
additional $50 off! Bringing the total to $199 from the Wren Sound
This speaker has been rated by The Wirecutter as one of the best AirPlay speakers you can buy - http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-airplay-speaker/
- Tim Nyberg asks about client purchases: Apple Store affiliate program vs. Apple Store vs. Apple Authorized Reseller
- Alexis Cornellier asks about what tools we use for diagnostics; Joe recommends SoftRAID for its SMART status analysis
- Sam advises that Word 2011 may have sporadic issues saving to a sever with the word "file" in the share name
- iOS 8 GMT bug, which manifests as a "PST" bug for Joe
- Sam deals with an "email tough-guy"
- Jerry debates "you lie" vs. "new parakeet" -
Monty Python "Dead Parrot" Sketch