Oct 31, 2017
October 24, 2017
• shout out to longtime supporter Kevin Ginger of kGinger Consulting
• Thanks to longtime listener Dave Provine for some followup: "The solution to /private/var/folders is to be sure not to delete the *zz* folder inside. You can vaporize everything else, and the *contents* of zz, but leave the zz folder in there (or recreate it)." See also the show notes from Episode 182: "Tell Me About The Cloud" and Episode 191: "Cause & Effect"
• Sam shouts out from the JNUC Conference in Minneapolis, MN.
• Jerry and Joe share parallel stories dealing with MacBook Pro failures while under our care
• Jerry recounts three recent calls where clients claimed they were “hacked”, including installing a profile on an IOS device via this weather site
• Jerry shares a TeamViewer vulnerability regarding previous installation of the Team Viewer app on a PC
• Jerry has a recent incident where a residential clean 2012 MacBook Pro Retina massively fails during updates.
• Joe recounts his MacBook Pro Repair for a business client and teh conversation centers around responsibilities and trust.
• Finally Joe and Jerry wind up discussing problem clients and how to terminate the relationship.