Dec 25, 2017
We're sponsored this week by Watchman Monitoring, a favorite tool of ours that should be in every professional consultant's toolkit.
Visit WatchmanMonitoring.com/cmdctrlpwr and sign up for your free trial to find out how Watchman Monitoring can keep an eye on your client machines and notify you of over 100 issues. Be...
Dec 19, 2017
Pepijn Bruienne is a Research and Development Engineer at Duo Security in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He breaks Macs to help his employer's customers be more secure. With more than a decade and a half of experience in a variety of Mac Admins areas, his skills include Systems Administration, Operations...
Dec 12, 2017
- Justin Esgar of the ACEs Conference and Will O'Neal, President of Mid-Atlantic Computer Solutions, join us to discuss ACEs 2018 in Baltimore, MD
- listeners get a 10% discount on ACEs Conference: https://acesconf.com/go/ccp
- Sam helped his Mom with iOS 11 update
- Jerry has MacBook Pro followup: he upgraded to a two...
Dec 5, 2017
Root login issue
needs catchy name... “Higher Sierra. Even Higher Sierra? Too High Sierra...”
Joe wonders if FileVault was affected, assumes not. Probably need to log into existing user account first. From Addigy's email: "Gaining access to user accounts and turning off FileVault encryption"
Nov 28, 2017
• Joe wonders: how many clients have gotten the wrong impression when you give them the recommendation "Just use 1Password.”
• iLugger: https://www.ilugger.com/
• Joe reveals another boneheaded move during his company's email migration – learn from his mistake! He exported contacts to a vCard file,...